[recommenders-dev] [GSoC] News weekly report for 20 August

Hello,
this is my last official report for you guys, however this is not end of my adventure with Eclipse and open source. I'd like to remind you my proposal [1] so you can compare what was proposed and what is provided. I'm totally satisfied what I achieved and learned from working on News plug-in. I hope that you're also satisfied with this piece of software you get.

So this is how it looks:
http://i.imgur.com/4hFfiEB.png
The notification

http://i.imgur.com/HlK0IRY.png
The menu

http://i.imgur.com/RrS81ez.png
and the prefence page.

This is what I've done last week:
The feeds should be sorted alphabetically within the action menu
Address teamscale findings
There are X new unread messages
Ignore UnknownHostExceptions should be ignored
Disabled feeds still show up in news toolbar menu
"Mark all as read" should not share menu group with feed titles
Use sync icon for "Poll Now" menu item

This is not the end of my work, there are few more bugs that has to be fixed, also I'd like to add the feature that will parse Atom feeds as well.

I'd like to thank to my mentor - Johannes Dorn for his patience and every little thing that he had taught me. I'd like to thank Marcel Bruch and Andreas Sewe for their help as well and everyone else that had tested the plug-in, gave any feedback or helped in other way.

The feedback is still very welcomed, News plug-in can be downloaded from [2]

Regards,
Pawel

[1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lxRyPb8_kAnlZAwxHR_93Z0PKEn5DZqVU5NJvLtr7YQ/
[2] http://download.eclipse.org/recommenders/updates/head/