[recommenders-dev] [GSoC] [AERI] Progress Report for RC3

Hello Recommenders,

RC3 is around the corner and I think it is time for a short summary what happend so far.
My participation in GSoC 2015 targets UI Improvements for the Automated Error Reporting.

What happend so far?

1. Integration of server information
The client will download a small index from the server and use the information to ignore errors or give the user feedback before he sends the report to the server.
This reduced the payload on the server and the occurrence of the clientside popups.

2. Blocked popup
The popup will indicate that it is blocked by a modal dialog, no more false-clicking on unreachable links.

3. Dark Theme
Mylyn prepared their notifications for dark theme (Bug 438817) which caused some UI Errors in the AERI-Notifications.
Now AERI is prepared for dark theme too:

For complaints about unreadable hyperlinks, maybe vote Bug 401015

4. Some smaller issues fixed
Bugs 464753, 466304, 466875, 463993, 467030, 466848, 467725, 468478

Next upcoming features

1. Error Report View (current state)

The view allows the user to revise all reports and re-send reports he dismissed

2. Hyperlinks in Reporting Dialog

Useful for plugin-developers: Jump to source directly from the report, no need to copy the trace to the stacktrace console.

If you want to be up to date with the latest updates, you can use the following update-site:
http://download.eclipse.org/technology/epp/logging/head/

Regards
Daniel

Back to the top