Re: [recommenders-dev] [GSoC] News Weekly Report

Hello,
weekly report. I focus on reworking the application logic.

What has been done last week:
- designed the interfaces

What will be done next week:
- test the interfaces
- start implemeting interfaces

Regards,
Pawel

Hi Marcel,
thanks ;))

Of course, I'll add it within next commit.

Regards,
Pawel

Hi Pawel,

I’m looking forward to the new look and feel using menu items.

I’ve one please. Can you add more RSS feeds to the system? I’d like to get an early feeling how the system behaves if there are more than just a few news items.

Two candidates would be:

Eclipse in the News: https://eclipse.org/home/eclipseinthenews.rss
Marketplace: http://marketplace.eclipse.org/rss.xml

Best,
Marcel

> On 21 May 2015, at 18:54, Paweł Nowak <siersciotluk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi, here's another weekly report. In general it's worth mentioning that project will slightly change. Instead of displaying Mylyn Notification there will be menu with feeds list and each feed will have its own sub-menu with messages/news. Mylyn notification will be used to notify about new messages, but user will be able to disable notifications. Already read messages won't dissapear, however unread will be marked (i.e. with bold font). Probably there will be more changes.
>
> What has been done last week:
> - tested RssService as well as JobProvider
> - implemented menu - still there's lot to do
> - designed new interfaces to make code more clear
>
> What will be done next week:
> - implementing new interfaces
> - reworking Job - there should be one job which poll multiple feeds instead of multiple job each polling single feed.
>

> Regards,
> Pawel Nowak

> Hi,
> providing another weekly report ;)
>
> What has been done last week:
> - fixed bug 466993
> - fixed bug 466821
> - tested PollFeedJob class
> - still working on RssServiceTest
>
> What will be done next week:
> - cover more classes with tests
> - read the documentation about menus, implement one.
>
> Regards,
> Pawel

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 9:18 PM, Marcel Bruch <marcel.bruch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> No doubt that the dependencies should be close to ‘0’. JDT or Recommenders dependencies should not be necessary. But a dependency to Google Guava is okay.
>
> Dependencies to libraries like Guava are not a problem at all.
>
> Thanks for the updates! Looking forward to test a newer version of the plugin :-)
>
> Kaloyan

Codetrails GmbH
The knowledge transfer company

Robert-Bosch-Str. 7, 64293 Darmstadt