Re: [recommenders-dev] Google Summer of Code 2015

Hi Andreas,

Sounds fine with me. If someone is willing to step up and do work, no
one's stopping you in an Open Source project. ;-)

Okay, great.

Not "who", but "where", i.e., the direction == vision.

LoL .. sorry. I have misunderstood you.

My vision for Dev Stats: „statistical data analysis about a software developer"

To collect and analyze user data around Eclipse, as much as possible.
My personal goal is to collect different data about the IDE usage,
and show this aggregated data to the software developer.

Extended version of possible food:
  • Statistics of your projects/workspace
    • how many plugins contains the workspace
    • how many Java files contains the workspace or files in general
    • how many referenced contains the workspace
  • Statistics from EGit
    • #commits
    • #repositories
    • #pulls/pushes (?)
  • Notification-style presentation of statistics
    • own view? what that means?
  • Gamification elements
    • I’m not sure what you mean, but I think this stuff could be cool:
      • Gamification in kind of developer levels, that means for example:
        • Developer Level 1: 5h per week Eclipse usage, 10 Commits per week, etc.
        • Developer Level 2: 10h per week Eclipse usage, 20 Commits per week, etc.
        • Developer Level 3: 20h per week Eclipse usage, 40 Commits per week, etc.
        • and so on …. what do you think?
  • Details for selected completion events
    • details for completion events like description and code snippet, see bug 431844
  • Command suggestions
    • suggest favorite commands (has to be define)
  • Statistics from Mylyn
    • how many tasks are loaded
    • how many tasks are fixed, opened, etc.
  • Statistics for loaded Eclipse plugins/features
    • how many features are installed in Eclipse
    • how many plugins are loaded etc.

IMHO we have noch some cool extensions/features for Developer Statistics.
What you think?