[recommenders-dev] Fwd: [cross-project-issues-dev] Automated Error Reporting for Mars Milestone Builds

cc’ing epp-dev and recommenders-dev once. The main discussions about this feature will take place on cross-project-issues-dev and bugzilla as outlined below.

Marcel

Anfang der weitergeleiteten Nachricht:

Von: Marcel Bruch <marcel.bruch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Betreff: Aw: [cross-project-issues-dev] Automated Error Reporting for Mars Milestone Builds
Datum: 19. August 2014 12:34:39 MESZ
An: Cross project issues <cross-project-issues-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

I noticed a few new users are sending errors. In response, I decoupled the "stacktraces & error reporting" plugin from the Code Recommenders. Now you should be able to install it without pulling in the complete Code Recommenders stack.

Some notes for testers:

  • I published the feature as „Code Recommenders Stacktraces & Error Reporting Utility“  on Code Recommenders’ milestones update site [1].
  • Bugs and feature requests are collected and tracked in Bugzilla [2]. Please make use of it for every request.
  • There are already a (small) amount of people contributing. Feel free to contribute as well. Please read [3] on how to setup the project in Eclipse with Oomph.
  • All stacktraces are sent *without any anonymization yet* (even if the UI suggests that at the moment) to eclipse.org and can be publicly reviewed at [4].
  • The plugin can be disabled temporarily by unselecting it in Preferences » General » Startup and Shutdown (see Screenshot below) and restarting your IDE

Some general notes:

  • Feature updates happen frequently and without prior notice. Please use the update manager to automatically look for newer versions from time to time.
  • The code is yet not considered production-ready. It’s rather a quick-’n-dirty prototype to gather community feedback. Not all features you see today in the UI are already implemented (properly)
  • A releasable version is planned for Mars M2 timeframe and after we got Legal approval by the EF.
  • The data in the dashboard [4] may be dropped due to schema changes. We’ll keep this stable from Mars M2 but for now please consider the data sent as experimental and temporary data.

Back to the top