[recommenders-dev] [gsoc] Rich Data Visualization

Hello,

this is the weekly report or the GSoC project "Rich Data Visualization for Developer Statistics".

Project description: Developer Statistics is an incubator project of Eclipse Code Recommenders that
tracks how developers use their Eclipse IDE. If you ever wanted to find out how you use code completions
or what commands you use most often, Developer Statistics has the answer.

What I have done this week:
Last week I have worked on bug 438263, where we have a problem with the counted code completions.
One first suggestion for a bug fix is online in Gerrit. I have also created unit tests.

One big problem for me was to understand, how the StatisticsSessionProcessor works.
Here exist three different ways, how the code completion methods are called:

  • negative case:
    • startSession
    • aboutToClose
  • positive case 1:
    • startSession
    • applied
    • aboutToClose
  • positive case 2:
    • startSession
    • aboutToClose
    • applied

And now we need a good algorithm, who recognize the positive and negative cases and persist the data right.

Tasks for the next week:
Fix the bug 438263 and than start to work on bug 438928 (refactor current persistence architecture).

Feedback:
If you want to install Developer Statistics, look at the update site [1].
Feedback would be really great, please comment on bug 431842 or contact me on the mailing list.

Regards,
Akif

Back to the top