Re: [recommenders-dev] [gsoc] Weekly Status: Snippet Sharing Infrastructure

Hi,

this is the weekly status report for the GSoC 2014 project Snippet Sharing Infrastructure [1].

What I have done this week:
During the last week I made some changes regarding to the management of snippet repositories in the backend.
Now it is possible to use more than one repository of the same type (e.g. EclipseGitSnippetRepository).
Therefore I changed the way snippet repositories are created:
  • All information which are needed to create a repository are stored in configurations (ISnippetRepositoryConfiguration).
  • These configurations are stored in the preferences.
  • Providers (ISnippetRepositoryProviders) are able to create a concrete ISnippetRepository instance for a given configuration.
  • The providers also take care of the transformation between a configuration and a storable string.
  • Third-party-plugins who wants to add own ISnippetRepository implementations needed to provide a ISnippetRepositoryProviders
    through an extension point.
The snippet view and preference page are able to work with the described changes. But the preference page still shows only one repository. This will be changed in the next week.

The change which implements all this can be found here: [2].

What I have planned for the next week:
Beside of making improvements on [2], I planed to extend the preference page so that it can show more than one and all kinds of ISnippetRepositoryConfigurations.
Also I will do some research on how to implement/use wizards best. Wizards will be used later to create the configration for the different kinds of repositories.

Regards,

Olav

[1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IKXw25w_LsM6xi1Lun48g7Trm_tat6Tgt4HIcVfUT4M/edit#heading=h.f5cmiw24j8xe
[2] https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/27752/