Re: [recommenders-dev] [soc-dev] [GSoC] Templates weekly report

Hi Andreas,

Ok then.
I will start looking into context-dependent syntax highlighting and postpone code completion for the moment.

Best Regards,
Stefan.

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 10:55 AM, Andreas Sewe <andreas.sewe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Stefan,

> Sorry, I forgot to add the plan for this week.
>
> *What the plan for this week is:
>
>   * Continue testing the editor and the grammar.
>     All the above changes contain specific tests, but more are needed to
>     ensure the grammar is correct.
>   * Start doing some more research on how to implement code completion,
>     and how to do this for the Template editor.

before you tackle code completion: I think it would be a good idea to do
syntax highlighting (beyond the simple keyword/non-keyword distinction
Xtext gives you for free) first, as it in many cases allows one to check
(at a glance) whether the parser got confused.

In particular, I think context-dependent highlighting would be great.

For example, the "int" in

  int answer = 42;

and in

  ${int:var(java.lang.Integer}}

should be highlighted different. In the one context it's a Java keyword,
in the other it's a template language identifier.

Best wishes,

Andreas

--
Codetrails UG (haftungsbeschränkt)