[recommenders-dev] [GSoC 2014] Templates project weekly report

Hello,

My name is Stefan Prisca, and I am participating, for the second time, to Google Summer of Code at Code Recommenders.

First of all, I want to apologize for my late report.

My project is entitled JFace Template Editor for SnipMatch, and aims to continue the work from last year. You can find my proposal here [1].

Short Introduction

The project is focused on creating an editor for code snippets, using the XText framework. This editor is based on a  ecore model for the language, generated by XText from a set of grammatical rules.

To get started with the project, you can check one of the following:

More about Xtext can be found on their documentation page [2].

The plan for this year

The plan for this year is:
  • Set-up a complete test suite for the grammar
    This involves writing as many tests as possible to ensure that the grammar is correct and that it allows all the possible snippets that could be written

What has been done
In the last weeks, I’ve been writing tests for the grammar, and started fixing bugs. Some of the more significant features are:
  • Allowing the parser to recognize template variables inside comments. Before this, everything that was inside a comment was skipped by the parser.
  • Allowing the use of annotations
  • Allowing the use of java identifiers and keywords as template variable identifiers.

All of the features mentioned above are backed up by test cases.

The plan for this week

This week I plan to fix Bug 431623. This will allow the use of java identifiers and keywords as link variable proposals, and also as simple template variables (e.g. ${class}).

I already submitted a patch-set for this, so you can follow the progress on Gerrit, along with all the comments and decisions made upon the grammar. [3]

Best Regards,
Stefan.

Back to the top