[recommenders-dev] Livedoc Weekly Report 01

Hi recommenders-dev,
Hi soc-dev,

my name is Patrick Gottschaemmer and I'm also participating in the Google Summer of Code 2014.
I'm working on the project Livedoc, like I did already on GSoC 2013.

What is Livedoc?

Livedoc is a Code Recommenders Incubator Project and uses the Code Recommenders 2.0 Headless API to do basically this:
Livedoc Screenshot
It integrates statistics from Code Recommenders into Javadoc with a single command line call like:

./livedoc org.eclipse.jface:org.eclipse.jface:3.8.102

-sr http://download.codetrails.com/livedoc/sources/

-mr http://download.eclipse.org/recommenders/models/luna-m3/

If you want to see a latest online demo, just head over to
http://download.codetrails.com/livedoc/published/latest/

and browse through the current documented packages.

If you want to know more about how to use Livedoc, here's a User Documentation:
http://download.eclipse.org/recommenders.incubator/livedoc/docs/head/readme.html

And if you're know infected by Livedoc and want to be a part of it, there's also a Contributor Guide (by tomorrow):
http://git.eclipse.org/c/recommenders.incubator/org.eclipse.recommenders.livedoc.git/about/

What to expect from this GSoC 2014 Project?

To make it easy, here's a link to my GSoC 2014 Proposal:
https://docs.google.com/a/gottschaemmer.net/document/d/1QugdL2s-ZZaGziP1QbLF4nLwTDihF30b83gTfH5T8zM/pub

For tl;dr'ers
Enhancement of the Eclipse Incubator Project Livedoc, which enriches a project’s Javadoc with intelligent code recommendations on how to use an API, provided by Eclipse Code Recommenders. Livedoc works as a stand-alone command-line application for one JAR at a time, without cross-referencing of different project documentations. The goal of this project is to create Livedoc (XXL), which can build up an interconnected web of Javadoc for different APIs (in different versions).

What's happening at the moment (Week 01)?

As Livedoc isn't 1.0 released yet (current version: 0.8), we have to provide a stable release first, as a pre-condition for Livedoc 2.0.
In the last week, I assembled a list of open bugs on the Livedoc Bugtracker, which needs to closed to achieve a 1.0 release.
Furhtermore, I've provided 3 (+1 documentation) patches for some of these bugs, which are currently in code review.

The next release (0.9) is planned for 05/08/14 and (hopefully) closes all bugs with Target Milestone 0.9.0.

Last (but not least): It's community bonding time!

For me, this means not only to bond to the community of current Code Recommenders users, but also to  you  as possible new users for Livedoc.
To accomplish this, I'll try to get you up-to-date via this mailing list by posting a weekly status report (like this one).
There will be usage hints, release news and bugfixes describing the current status of Livedoc.

If you're using Livedoc (which I would highly appreciate; thanks in advance  :-) ) and encounter any bugs, feel free to post them on the bugtracker:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?component=Livedoc&product=Recommenders.Incubator&resolution=---

Best regards,
Patrick

Back to the top