[recommenders-dev] Code Recommenders 2.1.0 roadmap and restructuring

Hi all,

I have just updated the plan for Code Recommenders 2.1.0 [1]. Note in
particular that on May 14th miletones 2.1.0-M3 initiates the quiet
period reserved for last-minute bug fixing.

If everything goes as planned, the big change compared to 2.0.x will be
the (re)integration of the Snipmatch code snippet search into Code
Recommenders. In the past few weeks, Olav, Johannes, and Stefan have
made significant progress in the Snipmatch incubator project and I
believe that we can move parts of Snipmatch back into the main codebase
now. :-)

If no one objects, I will initiate a "Restructuring Review" [2] early
next week. The preliminary scope of the restructuring can be viewed in
Gerrit [3].

As the restructuring requires a formal review, the IP Log of the
recommenders.incubator project needs to be in good order. And this is an
area where every incubator committer can help me:

If your incubator project is using and distributes via its update site a
(non-eclipse.org) third-party dependency not in this list, please pass
me a note by e-mail (please include the exact version number):

- Google Guava Version: 15.0.0
- Apache Commons IO Version: 2.0.1
- Apache Commons Lang Version: 3.1.0
- args4j Version: 2.0.21