Re: [recommenders-dev] Getting error in pom.xml file in source code

Hi.

> I am getting this error message in <parent> tag in almost every pom.xml
> file.
>
> Multiple annotations found at this line:
>     - Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration:
> org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-packaging-
>      plugin:0.20.0:build-qualifier (execution: default-build-qualifier,
> phase: validate)
>     - Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration:
> org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-compiler-
>      plugin:0.20.0:compile (execution: default-compile, phase: compile)
>     - maven-enforcer-plugin (goal "enforce") is ignored by m2e.
>     - Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration:
> org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-packaging-
>      plugin:0.20.0:validate-version (execution:
> default-validate-version, phase: validate)
>     - Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration:
> org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-packaging-
>      plugin:0.20.0:validate-id (execution: default-validate-id, phase:
> validate)
>
> i imported the source code into eclipse using Maven/existing maven project.
> i also set target platform as eclipse keplar.
> But this error persists.
> I am new to Code Recommenders. how can I resolve this and start
> contributing to the project?

did you use the "Import > Existing Maven Project" functionality of m2e?
(You do have m2e installed, right?) It so, it automatically should have
installed the necessary Tycho connector. See here [1] for a description
of the process.

If you want to manually install the connectors, hit Ctrl/Cmd+3 and
search for "m2e Marketplace". There, you should be able to install the
Tycho connector. Restart Eclipse and select "Maven > Update Project"
from the projects' context menu. That should take care of the errors.

Hope that helps.

Andreas

[1]
<https://git.eclipse.org/c/recommenders/org.eclipse.recommenders.git/about/>