Stefan.

From: Andreas Sewe
Sent: â€ŽTuesday‎, ‎January‎ ‎21‎, ‎2014 ‎2‎:‎29‎ ‎PM
To: recommenders-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Michael,

> maybe for us outside of the "core team": How much work is "mentoring a
> student full-time". Is "full-time" meant for real, and if yes, how can
> anyone afford mentoring?

full-time is meant in the sense that the mentor will be available during
the entire summer (or can arrange for a qualified replacement during
vacation); the key to mentoring is to do it regularly.

That being said, I would plan for 5-10h/week. But in particular at the
beginning of the GSoC, you may have to do some more explaining and/or
research (real-world example from last year: reading up on Xtext).

Hope that helps.

Andreas

PS: Please consider yourself to be a member of the mysterious "core
team" as well.

--
Codetrails UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
The knowledge transfer company