[recommenders-dev] Getting ready for the Google Summer of Code 2014: Your ideas needed

Hi recommenders-dev,

very soon, Google will announce the 10th installment of its annual
Summer of Code program. And like in the past three years, the Eclipse
Code Recommenders will be (under the umbrella of the Eclipse Foundation)
one of the OSS projects mentoring its share of students and projects.

Alas, this year we won't have as many resources at our disposal as last
year, when we mentored 5 students; as far as we can see right now, we
will only be able to handle 3 students/projects in 2014. (Unless
somebody else outside of the core team steps up to mentor a student
full-time.)

Thus, we would like to make the best of these 3 projects that we can
possible can. And that's where you, the community, come in:

While the GSoC page in the Eclipse wiki [1] is not yet ready for GSoC
2014 project ideas, we would nevertheless like to gather and discuss
possible project ideas on this list already:

So, what feature would you most like to see in Eclipse Code
Recommenders? What's your vision of an intelligent IDE? Where do you
think, Code Recommenders can be improved? (Or even: What annoys you
about the current Code Recommenders?)

Likewise, if you are interested in participating in the Google Summer of
Code (GSoC) 2014 in a project related to Code Recommenders, please let
us know as soon as possible so that we can get you involved already,
thereby reducing the time to get you started during the GSoC proper.

Best wishes,

Andreas

[1] <http://wiki.eclipse.org/GSOC>

--