[recommenders-dev] [Snipmatch] Code Recommenders 2.x and Xtext 2.5 compatibility

Hi,

I am having some problems when installing Code Recommenders 2.x [1] and Xtext 2.5 [2] in a fresh standard Eclipse Luna IDE.[3]

I did the next things:

  1. Downloaded the standard Eclipse Luna Package [3].
  2. Installed XText 2.5 from the update site [2].
  3. Installed Code Recommenders from [1].

After doing so, this error message appears when starting the IDE [5], and the xtext/xtend files are not recognized anymore.
Note that this does not happen before installing Code Recommenders.

The same happens after I install Code Recommenders over an Eclipse Java and DSL Developer package [4].

I’ve checked for duplicate org.eclipse.xtext.ui.shared plug-ins in the plug-in folder of the IDE, but there are none.

I attached a print-screen of my current Eclipse IDE installation details.

Thanks!
Best Regards,
Stefan.

[5]:
Errors occurred during the build.
Error instantiating builder 'org.eclipse.xtext.ui.shared.xtextBuilder'.
Plug-in org.eclipse.xtext.ui.shared was unable to load class org.eclipse.xtext.ui.shared.internal.ExecutableExtensionFactory.
org/eclipse/xtext/ui/guice/AbstractGuiceAwareExecutableExtensionFactory