Re: [recommenders-dev] Weekly Report

This comes a little bit out of the blue. So I'll provide a little bit more details ;-)

Michael is going to renovate the network (de-)serialization in Recommenders. First changes improved the network initialization speed (w/o IO) by 30%. Michael is now working on another improvements by changing the binary format. These changes target the Recommenders 2.1 Release in February.

Regarding the ominous "sorter" - I'm not sure I posted it here before:
We (Codetrails) build a content assist proposal sorter on top of the Recommenders 2.0 APIs which aim to provide a better proposal sorting than JDT offers right now. They are not officially part of the Recommenders tool suite but I you'd like to give it a spin, an installation guide is available here [1]. Olav is going to work on this in the next weeks.

Olav, Patrick, Stefan, Timur, Madhuranga, Kavith,
I'd like to encourage you to continue writing the weekly emails and report briefly which new feature is implemented. I'm aware that the progress will be smaller than during GSOC but it will help us to see which projects are still alive and which projects are cooling down.

Best,
Marcel