Re: [recommenders-dev] [SnipMatch GSOC] New file extension

just to make sure everyone thinks of this in a similar way:

To me, it's a format people won't edit directly. For the snippet content (the code only!) they will use Stephan's Editor. For the other information (meta information like search terms etc.) no Xtext editor is needed. So the json format is just a simple way to dump the data structure to disk.

For now, I'd stick with the JSON format as long as no new requirements pop up. If new ones come up , we'll extend the format - but it will probably still be JSON IMHO.

HTH,
Marcel