Re: [recommenders-dev] Ideas for GSOC 2013

Hi Aakash,

> I was reading through the ideas mentioned on the ideas page and I found
> the concept of code snippet and ranking to be a very interesting idea. I
> also found workspace local code search and usage data collection for
> code completion and beyond. Could you please suggest me some more
> literature on these topics, keeping in mind that my coding experience is
> not so vast. I have done a course on data structures and I am currently
> doing a course in Programming Language Design.

well, the first place to go to is
<http://eclipse.org/recommenders/resources/>, which should get you in
the right mindset for Code Recommenders.

That being said, have you any prior experience with Eclipse plugin
development? If not, now would be a good time to read up on that/work
through some tutorials.

Anyways, these are just some first pointers. If you have a more specific
question, please ask again.

Best wishes,

Andreas
--
Codetrails.com - the knowledge transfer company

Back to the top