Re: [recommenders-dev] server-side storage

2012/3/8 Marcel Bruch <bruch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On 07.03.2012, at 16:04, Chen Cheng wrote:

2012/3/7 Marcel Bruch <bruch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On 07.03.2012, at 13:29, Chen Cheng wrote:

Yeah, in our past discussion, "git-approach + local search" is the default implementation, but there is another "remote search directly" work mode, in this scenario, user can get search result from remote server directly by http service.

Wouldn't this be a second snippet provider?
I am not very clear what is your mean here :-(

I think, I just haven't completely grasped how you planned to implement the repository concept. So, may I ask for little assistance? ;)

The point that confuses me is: why is there a "remote search directly" feature (you called it like this above). I thought this will be covered by the "local git" approach completely. But I might just be plain wrong here :-) In the case you have some time left over: Can you elaborate a bit on the "remote search directly" concept?

Yeah, have you installed current SnipMatch plugin in http://snipmatch.com/eclipsePlugin/ ? If you have a trial of it. Now, it works under "remote search directly" mode I mean.

In this mode, user does not store any snippets in local storage, just get snippets by http service, just like you Google something :-) Input some texts, http server response your result

Thanks,
Marcel