Re: [recommenders-dev] Snipmatch GSOC

Hi Chen,

you asked for version control access a few mails ago. The Eclipse Legal team is checking the code but I hope they will be done soon. When this happens, we'll import it into the central repository to its new location where we can work on.

But getting committer rights is not an straight forward thing at Eclipse as in a small open-source project. There is a formal committer election which finally gets approved by the Eclipse Technology PMC. In order to approve an election, the PMC needs some records that show your merits (read, you created several patches, show active email conversation etc.)

So my plan would be:
Keep your changes local until the Legal team has approved the code.
Then we commit the code into our main repository and final position.
Your can work on a local copy of this and send patches to Bugzilla (or even better Gerrit - I've to figure out). "Small" means less than 200, 250 lines of code. If this has been done several times, we can start the election.

Best,
Marcel