Re: [recommenders-dev] Snipmatch GSOC

2012/2/20 Marcel Bruch <bruch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Yes, let's see what Doug thinks about it.

Regarding the file names:
I think that file names don't carry any meaningful information. They just serve as "primary key" for the index. All information should be contained in the file.

Agree

Regarding directories:
One type of snippets
One directory per snippet type sounds ok. What "kind of snippets" do you have in mind?

I mean personal snippets should be in a directory, common snippets which sync with our remote server snippets repository will be in another directory.

Regarding XML format:
I'd stick to JSON since we use JSON all over the project. For de-serialization we use Google's GSON library. See GsonUtil class to get a first impression on how to use GSON.

Ok, I will read GsonUtil source code.

One last problem, i think i have only code check out permission of SnipMatch, so can you guys grant check in permission of SnipMatch to me ? Or, i just submit patch, you guys check in code for me.