Re: [rdf4j-dev] Java Module System?

Hi Niclas,

I've posted your question to our forum on Github: https://github.com/eclipse-rdf4j/rdf4j/discussions/4942

I've also added an answer.

We try to use the forum/discussions feature on Github for user related questions.

Cheers,
Håvard

On 29 Mar 2024, at 12:15, Niclas Hedhman via rdf4j-dev <rdf4j-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,
I am in the process of upgrading from Java 8 to Java 17, and I am running into problems with RDF4J in conjunction with the Java Module System (a.k.a jigsaw)

Since version 5 is about to come out and the MANIFEST.MF states "Build-Jdk-Spec: 11", wouldn't it be a good time to become compatible with Java Module System?

It is fairly difficult to work around the issues with RDF4J's many jar files, since jar some jars contain the same packages, which Java Module System is unhappy about.

E.g. rdf4j-queryparser-api-5.0.0-M2.jar contains org.eclipse.rdf4j.query.impl, which is also present in rdf4j-query-5.0.0-M2.jar, but there are many more (removing rdf4j-sail-base, resolved 100s of compile errors).

Cheers
Niclas