Von: rdf4j-dev <rdf4j-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> im Auftrag von Håvard Ottestad via rdf4j-dev <rdf4j-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Gesendet: Sonntag, Februar 4, 2024 12:09:52 PM
An: Matthew Nguyen <nguyenm9@xxxxxxx>
Cc: Håvard Ottestad <hmottestad@xxxxxxxxx>; rdf4j developer discussions <rdf4j-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Betreff: Re: [rdf4j-dev] OWL Reasoning

Hi Matthew,

Yeah, I also think it’s datalog.

TopQuadrant developed SPIN a number of years ago, which uses SPARQL queries for inferring new triples. This didn’t work very well since there was basically no way to detect which SPARQL queries needed to run when data was inserted or removed.

I think that that’s why RDFox went with Datalog. Probably a lot easier to make an incremental reasoner that supports both insertions and deletions.

There is also the SHACL inference rule language. Kinda tacked on at the end and not really part of the standard. Not sure if anybody is supporting it outside of TopQuadrant.

Håvard