Re: [rdf4j-dev] back on deck

Hi Jeen,

Good to have you back, and I hope you have enjoyed your time in Europe! :-)

From my POV, I would like to see https://github.com/eclipse/rdf4j/pull/4604 merged, which will allow us to focus on the next step towards Spring Boot 3 compatibility (Jakarta EE 9). I think upgrading Solr/ES must be next in line, or find a way to deal with legacy transitive dependencies. I think the significant dependency fan-out in rdf4j is rather painful, but I am not sure how to improve that in practice. I've had https://github.com/eclipse/rdf4j/pull/4367 in WIP for a long time, but I see no way to get it through as there seems to be no released version of Solr compatible with Jakarta EE 9 at present.

Erik

On Sun, Jun 11, 2023 at 12:35 AM Jeen Broekstra <jeen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi folks,

just got back from our trip to Europe. Still seriously jetlagged and I haven't really kept in touch with what's been happening over here, but I see that you got 4.3 out the door and have also done several patch releases since, ace work everyone :)

I'll try and gradually catch up over the next few days.

Cheers,

Jeen