Re: [rdf4j-dev] what major/breaking changes do we want? and when do we want them?

On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 9:39 PM Bart Hanssens (BOSA) <bart.hanssens@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

removal of the deprecated items is already a great feature :-)

I'm currently working on / thinking about minor things (console stuff, waiting for ES/Lucene CQ's to be approved for upgrading dependencies, maybe a subpackage for EU and/or Schema.org vocabularies...)

Are those CQs still under review? I haven't checked but I thought you filed them a while ago.

One "major" feature would be to be able to compile RDF4J on OpenJDK 11 LTS (but stick with JDK 8 as a minimum)

Which could be as trivial as changing mvn poms to include some java.ee dependencies removed from JDK,

or more complicated if modules are to be used... I don't have much coding experience in JDK 9 and above.

Me neither but good call.

What about upgrading the tests frameworks ? IIRC they are mainly based on JUnit4 / Mockito 1.

 To be fair this doesn't break any public APIs so we don't necessarily need to do this as part of a major. Doesn't mean it's not a good idea :)

Jeen

Back to the top