Re: [rdf4j-dev] what major/breaking changes do we want? and when do we want them?

Hi Jeen,

Thanks for taking initiative.

Could we do a 2.5 release from develop and then designate develop to 3.0 release?

I would like to release the SHACL engine. It’s been out in beta for well over 3 months now and as far as I can tell we haven’t had any feedback other than feature requests.

The main thing about the RDF4J SHACL engine is that it is incremental. It scales as well as the underlying store, so if you have 100 triples or 500 million triples in your native store; validation still takes the same amount of time. There are no other validation engines for RDF that work this way.

The SHACL engine currently supports the following restrictions
- min count
- Max count
- datatype
- logical or (on the above restrictions)

These restrictions can apply to
 - all use of a predicate
 - use of a predicate on subjects of a specific type

Validation is true/false, with some logging to give you a hint for what might be wrong.

I would love to have more features and functionality before we release it from beta. But I’m currently working on it evenings and weekends, so it’s very slow going.

Documentation is the number one thing holding it back from a release.

Håvard