[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [rdf4j-dev] Release Planning / Timeline
- From: Jeen Broekstra <jeen.broekstra@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2018 10:27:35 +1000
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/52.7.0
On 08/06/18 18:34, Andreas Schwarte wrote:
what are the current plannings for upcoming releases (2.4.x, 2.5.x,
...). Is there already a timeline and roadmap defined?
We have a tentative list of scheduled deliverables, available on the
planning board at https://github.com/orgs/eclipse/projects/3 . The main
- upgrade to Lucene 6 (let's lock this in, and plan Lucene 7 for a 2.5
- improvements to SHACL support (work in progress)
- first release of the SparqlBuilder (spanqit) module
- Console improvements (worked on by Bart)
Everyone: can you please have a look at this board and at any issues you
are working on? If you have work planned that is to be included in
2.4.0, please make sure the ticket appears in the "Planned for 2.4.0"
column on the project board (as well as on the 2.4.0 milestone).
Anyone who sees an issue on the planning that they think they can do
some work on, please pick it up and let me know - appreciated :)
We would require the lucene change to either lucene 6.x or lucene 7.x
ideally by mid-July such that we can integrate it into our next release.
The main holdup I think is the SHACL work, which still requires some
substantial engineering (somewhat my fault, I underestimated the effort
needed to refactor things). If push comes to shove we can reschedule
that work to 2.5 though, even without it I believe we have enough cool
stuff happening in 2.4.
I am aiming for a July 19 release. Closer, I feel, is putting too much
at risk with the limited availability of most devs (and also keeping in
mind that we need to go through review). Is that workable for you? Of
course, I'd like to do a few milestone builds before that date - we can
push one out as early as next week if you like.
PS due to personal circumstances I may not be available for most of the