Re: [rdf4j-dev] Solr and Elastic Search

On Mon, 2017-07-31 at 08:40 +1000, Jeen Broekstra wrote:

> > On 29 Jul 2017, at 20:57, James Leigh <james.leigh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:
> > I think we should either include them in the sdk or drop them
> > altogether.
> I think include then, at least for now. I heard via private mail from
> Mark (he’s having difficulties getting through to the mailing list,
> for some reason his mail keeps being marked as spam), and he/his
> employer is definitely still actively using the ElasticSearch Sail.

It has come to my attention[1] that the version used by ElasticSearch
Sail is too old to include in the SDK as its lucene dependencies are
causing issues with other lucene sail implementations, which themselves
are also getting old btw.

If we can get it updated soon we can include it in 2.3, otherwise we
will have to keep it out of the initial 2.3 release.

Can you have Mark get in touch with me about updating the ElasticSearch
Sail?

Thanks,
James

[1] https://github.com/eclipse/rdf4j-storage/issues/7