Re: [rdf4j-dev] Halfway Through 2017

> On 24 Jun 2017, at 03:07, James Leigh <james.leigh@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> As we are coming to the halfway point of 2017, I thought it would be to
> good to take this opportunity to discuss where you would like to see
> RDF4J by the end of the year.
>
> We have had five releases in just 6 months! 49 issues resolved this
> year! The release of RDF4J 2.2! Our maven downloads stats have doubled
> in the last 6 months! A lot has happened this year! Exclamation point!

Seriously, good stuff, it’s great to see the project is on a roll :)

> Where do we go next? What are your priorities for the rest of year?
>
> Please reply highlighting what you think is important for RDF4J in 2017
> and what features you are interested in participating in. If I have
> missed anything please reply with details.
>
> ** SPARQL compliance
> ** Shacl Implementation
> ** SPIN Improvements
> ** Drop SYSTEM Repository
> ** Split github repository into a few smaller repositories
> ** Console Improvements
> ** Improve RDF4J Performance
>
> ** Better Document Available RDF Stores

Since I have very little time to actually work on any of these, I’m not sure my vote really counts, but here goes: my personal favourites of the ones you mention are SHACL/SPIN, performance, and better documentation. In addition, I think we should try and look at ideas to make RDF4J easier to use in combination with more traditional software stacks:

** RDBMS 2 RDF mapping
** customized JSON serialization
** JPA compatibility

Cheers,