Re: [rdf4j-dev] Add issue solution to next major release

> On 3 Jun 2017, at 22:01, Jacek Grzebyta <grzebyta.dev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Is any chance to add issues #739 and #771 to the Next Major Release project?

I don’t see why not. Keep in mind though that there is currently no projected release date for a next major release.

For #739, it might help if you could add some examples that demonstrate your solution to the problem of “complex API”, e.g. an example where you show how to accomplish some task using current API, and how your improvements simplify that task. Keep in mind that this task has been open for a while and I admittedly haven’t always kept an eye on what you’ve been doing.

Given that your code is for a new major release, I’m not sure how we fit that in with the updated Git workflow. James, what’s your preference here: we could just let him merge into devel and declare the next release a major one, or we could branch off a separate release branch first so we have the option of doing a few more minor releases for 2.x.

Related question: once we've done a new major release, do we wish to continue supporting further minor releases in 2.x? Or would we only be doing hot fixes from then on in?

> I created PD #758 with solution to both issues. The only thing that
> might be added is possibility to create proposed Sail instance through
> rdf4j-workbench.

Flag that up as a new issue, sounds useful.

Jeen

Back to the top