[rdf4j-dev] Struggling with AsciiDoc / Jekyll setup

Folks,

I am trying to set up a Jekyll+Asciidoc site for our project documentation, but I must admit I’m struggling. The basics are there (see https://github.com/eclipse/rdf4j-doc ) but I’m having a hard time configuring the look and feel of the thing to something usable.

A deployment is currently running at http://docs.rdf4j.org/ . As you can see the layout is very spartan (and the navigation menu in particular is a mess).

I’ve been tinkering with Jekyll themes but to be honest I don’t really understand its mechanics. Does anybody here have any experience in customising Jekyll look and feel and some time to have a look at this?

Btw I’m not married to using Jekyll - the main reason I wanted to use it on top of Asciidoc was that it allows inclusion of frontmatters to pages,  so we can include things like a default top-level navigation and project banner. If someone knows of a different way to do that in AsciiDoc without using Jekyll, let me know.

Thanks,

Jeen

Back to the top