Re: [rdf4j-dev] What has happened to the 1.0 branch?

(I keep missing Mark’s e-mails, for some reason they continue to be put in my junk mail folder by Google)

To elaborate on what Peter said: we don’t simply merge the master branch into a release branch. For patch releases, we create a temporary release branch (starting from the tag of the previous release), and then cherry-pick the fixes relevant to that release from the master branch into it. Once the new release is done, it gets tagged and the release branch closed.

New minor/major releases all happen by creating a release branch from master, about a week before the scheduled release date. This branch, too, gets tagged and closed at the completion of the release.

As noted before in https://github.com/eclipse/rdf4j/issues/266 , the current release planning is not to do any further 1.x releases (unless we happen to put out a 2.0.2 patch release, in which case we’ll also roll out out a parallel 1.0.2 patch release). So there will be no 1.1 release in parallel with 2.1. But if you’re happy to step up and take care of continued back porting and stabilisation of the code, we can change this schedule.

Cheers,

Jeen