[rdf4j-dev] releases/1.0.x and releases/2.0.x branches deleted

Following the release of 2.0.1 and 1.0.1 I have switched us over to the new (and hopefully simpler) git workflow.

The permanent release branches for 1.0.x and 2.0.x have been removed. As agreed, all development now takes places against the master branch.

If further patch releases are required we create a temporary release branch for that specific version, cherry-pick the fixes we want from master into it, release, tag, then close again.

So for example, if we decide a 2.0.2 release is required, we checkout tag 2.0.1, create a new branch from that tag called releases/2.0.2, prep the release on that branch (cherrypicking fixes from master, tweaking version numbers etc etc), etc. Once we're happy, the final commit on the branch gets tagged with the version number, we publish, merge, then close the release branch. Same for any further 1.0.x releases by the way.

For more details see the Contributor Guidelines.

Cheers,

Jeen

Back to the top