[rap-dev] RAP Mars status update

Hi all,

this is a small updated of the current status towards the Mars release in 11 days:

Yesterday I pushed the RC4 tags to Git and updated the configuration in Babel to make sure that the Babel project can produce translation fragments for all the new RAP bundles. It would be good to check in a few days that these changes have been picked up by their scripts and imports; if there's enough time I'll go through the German translations and will update the most important ones.

I've removed all milestones builds from the download server, but left RC1...RC4 intact. My plan is to remove the release candidates soon after the final release but not earlier. The old content is still available in the same directory structure from archive.eclipse.org, so nothing is lost even if someone relies on an M1 build. Then I created the release p2 repositories. They have been prepared with download mirror information and with p2 stats as usual, but also enabled for the new p2 metadata compression format xz. Only compatible clients will see the content.xml.xz file, other will still use the content.jar. Everything should be ready now and we only need to rename a few files on release day.

Another action item was to contribute our documentation to the Mars infocenter where it is already online [1] in addition to the place on our own web page with the developers guide at [2].

Still some work items open, but everything seems to be on track.

Thanks,
Markus

Back to the top