[rap-dev] Rise minimum supported browsers version

Hi RAP developers,
RAP 3.0 is our next major release and I think it's time to rise the minimum supported browsers version. After discussion with Tim, I suggest to change the minimum supported by RAP browsers version as follows:
- IE - rise to 9.0 (already done, old IE8 related code removed in 3.0M1)
- Opera - rise to 15. This is the first version with the new blink engine. The support for old Opera engine has been discontinue in RAP 3.0M5.
- Firefox - rise to 23 (released in August 2013). Some of the experimental JS functions like (request/cancelAnimationFrame) are no longer pefixed with "moz" since then.
- Chrome - rise to 29 (released in August 2013). Since version 24 Chrome is also using the new blink engine. More over it's a good fit with Firefox 23 release date.
- Safari - rise to 6, was 4 (it's included in OS X 10.7, released in July 2012)
- Android - rise to 4, was 3
- iOS - rise to 6, was 5
Do you have any concerns or suggestions?
Regards,
Ivan

Back to the top