Re: [rap-dev] RAP 3.0.0 M4 for Eclipse Mars M4

Hi Ivan,

I'm just writing down what we've discussed on Skype...

The p2 repository for Luna is our main deliverable that will be put on our download page. It contains the javax.servlet bundle in version 3.0.0.v201112011016 from Luna only which works with RAP M4.

The p2 repository for Mars is used as a temporary build that we contribute to the Simultaneous Release until we migrate everything to Mars (with M5). Unfortunately this p2 repository has this inconsistency which I fixed now by adding the old javax.servlet bundle manually. Because of this workaround, both javax.servlet bundles are now contained in the p2 repository: javax.servlet_3.1.0.v201410161800.jar and javax.servlet_3.0.0.v201112011016.jar. This solves the p2 issues when it tries to resolve the dependencies.

The last p2 repository is the Mars M4 repository (currently http://download.eclipse.org/releases/staging, from tomorrow on http://download.eclipse.org/releases/mars/201412191000). We were lucky that it already contains both javax.servlet versions.

Nevertheless, there's clean-up required for M5 next year.

Thanks,
Markus