[rap-dev] [ANN] RAP 3.0 release plan changed

Hi RAP devs,

For the RAP 3.0 release, we planned to cleanup our APIs again, namely
replace those classes and methods that have become obsolete with
internal changes to the JSON protocol. Due to our involvement in other
projects we didn't manage to finish these tasks in time. To give an
example, we realized that the new MessageFilter is not a full
replacement for PhaseListeners and we need to come up with another
solution here. We also planned on revising the resource management
once again.

Normally, we'd rather leave out new features but deliver on schedule.
However, this new major version should establish APIs that we can
build on for a longer period of time. If we released 3.0 in the
current shape, we'd have to make some more breaking changes soon.

Therefore we decided to defer the release date until the Eclipse Mars
release in June 2015. This leaves us with four more milestones to go.
On Dec 19, we won't release 3.0 but 3.0 M4. In terms of quality, this
milestone build will be as stable as a release would have been,
however, there will be some minor API changes until 3.0.

We apologize to all of you who already planned on this release date.
Please see this as part of our struggle to deliver a quality
framework.

Best regards,
The RAP team

Back to the top