[rap-dev] Shorter release cycles, RAP 2.2 schedule

Hi all,

I'm cross-posting this announcement from the RAP forum here:

We're aware that some of our users would appreciate more frequent RAP releases than once a year. There's also a general tendency towards shorter release cycles. And since the 6-month cycle went well for RAP 2.0, we've decided to try to keep up this schedule in the future.

Our plan is to continue with two releases per year, a "big" summer release together with the annual Eclipse release, and one release at the end of the year. As the release cycles are shorter, we will only have three milestones for every release. There will be two service releases for the summer release as usual, but for the winter releases we will provide service releases only if needed.

That means that you don't have to wait another year for the next RAP release. RAP 2.2 will be published by the end of this year [1]. The first milestone will be published in only two weeks, on August 20. This milestone is the first one with built-in support for scripted listeners.

Best regards,
Ralf

[1] http://eclipse.org/rap/downloads/2.2/

Back to the top