[rap-dev] "My first steps with Eclipse RAP" articles

Hi RAP Team,

I would like tell you that I'm writing articles about RAP that I have called "My first steps with Eclipse RAP". I explain step by step how generate RAP Hello World and explain the RAP architecture.
Hope you will like it.

I'm writing the step5 where I will explain the RAP generated code. When I have studied the IEntryPoint, I have tested to start 2 RAP Application in the same OSGi container "RAP Hello World" and "Mail RAP Application"
When I start the RAP launch, it opens the URL http://127.0.0.1:1508/rap?startup=mail with Mail RAP Application. When I try to access to the http://127.0.0.1:1508/rap?startup=hello to opes "RAP Hello World", it opens Hello World BUT with Mail styles.
I suppose that it's normal, because RAP Application is a singleton and Workbench should be a singleton too.

But I would like be sure with that and give well explanation in my articles. For instance, explain that OSGi container (Equinox) can start ONLY one RAP Application, tell that it's not possible to start several RAP application in the same equinox and see the (styles) problem in action. But before telling that, I would like be sure with that.

Thank a lot for your help.

Regards Angelo

Back to the top