Re: [rap-dev] Workbench Part Dragging

Hi Austin,

within the RAP team here at EclipseSource, we have no plans to implement DnD for workbench parts. However, thanks for your offer. The most important thing missing for workbench DnD right now is the Tracker widget. It is responsible for drawing the preview-rectangle that indicates where the dragged workbench part would end up when dropping it. The challenge here is to optimize server-roundtrips so that the UI remains responsive enough but doesn't send too many requests. If you would like to contribute in this area, we can help out here and there but the main effort would be on your side.

Regards,
Rüdiger
--
Rüdiger Herrmann