Re: [rap-dev] Contributions Policy

On 01.02.2010 16:33, Austin Riddle wrote:
Hello,

how about having a folder for each type/category of component like so:
incubator
timeline
o.e.r.timeline.simile
o.e.r.timeline.google
visualization
o.e.r.vis.google
o.e.r.vis.jit

That sounds like the best plan for the repo up to now. I agree.
BTW does it make sense to "hide" the different implementations behind
a common API? For example there is one timeline-widget and whether the
timline.google- or timeline.simile-implementation is used is
"configured" at runtime or decided otherwise.
But that's probably an entirely differnet topic...
I thought about that particularly with regard to charting contributions.
It may be best to extract an API later, after we have a few
representative providers for a component type.
Of yourse, that makes sense.