[rap-dev] RAP Navigation

Hello list,

I'm new to eclipse RCP and RAP development. Although I'm pretty impressed with the things that could be done with RAP, I'm struggling with a pretty simple question: What is the proper way to implement web site navigation in RAP?
Currently I'm working on a rap application which controls another non-gui server application. The rap application will be the web front end for the server application. I'm trying to make it like a normal web site, with a navigation menu and a content area, which changes based on what you click in the navigation menu. The menu should contain common options like to show the start page, the status of the application, create new or delete old application objects and so on but I'm not sure how to make this. I was thinking about making it like the rap examples project, with a single perspective and a list view for the navigation. But the problem is that it uses two other views and a pagebook to demo all the examples, which is pretty static for my needs. Like the content area could be a wizard for creating a new object or it could be an object explorer with an object view which allows you to review and delete objects, or it could be a single view displaying the status of the server program, or it could be as simple as a static html page.

best regards,
Aleksandar

Back to the top