Re: [rap-dev] WorkbenchPreferenceExtensionNode#getPluginId

Hi Igor,

thank you for the update. Please create bug entries and attach the patches from here. In order to maintain an IP log [1] we are required to receive contributions via patches that are attached to bugzilla entries. Plus, bugzilla is a more suitable place to discuss and update patches.

Thanks
Rüdiger

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/project-log.php

mail.apptech.nichost.ru wrote:
Hi

As I described in the my previous comment, it is possible to use activities
to permit or restrict the access to some preference pages. But there is one
more problem. There is no information about pluginId in
org.eclipse.ui.internal.preferences.WorkbenchPreferenceExtensionNode. The
method WorkbenchPreferenceExtensionNode#getPluginId always returns null. But
the RCP provide the pluginId correctly.

It seems that we have to reduce differences between implementations of
WorkbenchPreferenceExtensionNode on RAP and RCP platforms.

I attached the patch.

Thank you, Igor