Re: [rap-dev] Integrate rap and birt together

Hi Jonson,

Once posted there I'll give you some hints how to get BIRT and RAP working together. Don't want to post it here as not much users are following this list.

In case you're attending EclipseCon - there is a talk scheduled about BIRT and RAP integration. See http://www.eclipsecon.org/2009/sessions?id=611
If not, register now ;)

Cheers
  Benny

jonsenelizee wrote:
Hello!
Thank you for your distribution to rap that is used in my project.
1. Birt has offered a WebViewer class for RCP programmer and it works well during my test, but the WebViewer class does not want to work with my RAP project. Many materails have been refered and many methods have tested during these days, but the problem existing still. How could I integrate birt into my RAP project ?

I have downloaded the source of the birt and tracked the execution of WebViewer class. I found that WebViewer is implemented with Jetty and the problem occured in my RAP project is just the "Jetty: can not start the sever with config". Does this means I need to rewrite WebViewer with Jetty for my RAP project ? Oh, It is big task for me!! So, thank you for your suggestion on "How to integrate Birt into RAP project". 2. The web viewer example of birt-runtime for tomcat server (and so on) uses the osgi framework and the eclipse plugin conceptions together, this is the same as RAP during the deployment of my RAP program. Birt uses osgi and RAP uses osgi. How could I set them together using the same osgi as a standalone web program during the deployment. I think this is a king of integration for Birt and RAP.

I am looking forward to your reply.
                                          Thank you!!!
                                          Have a nice day!
                                          From Jonsen

?????????????????????????????????? <http://www.yeah.net>

Benjamin Muskalla
Innoopract Informationssysteme GmbH
bmuskalla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.innoopract.com
Tel: 0721 - 66 47 33 - 0
Fax: 0721 - 66 47 33 29

Innoopract Informationssysteme GmbH
Stephanienstrasse 20, 76133 Karlsruhe Germany
General Manager: Jochen Krause
Registered Office: Karlsruhe, Commercial Register Mannheim HRB 107883

www.innoopract.com

Back to the top