[rap-dev] Re: RAP and GEF/GMF (renaissance)

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 4:46 PM, Hendy Irawan <hendy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to re-bring the RAP GEF/GMF discussion last Feb 2008 by Hanxi Zhang.

This seems to be a great help:

http://dojotoolkit.org/projects/dojox

Draw anywhere.

dojox.gfx: the most flexible browser-based drawing API around.

No more browser-specific drawing.

Native browser-based vector graphics has suffered from three competing models–SVG (W3C), VML (Microsoft), and Canvas (WhatWG). You no longer need to worry about any of it–DojoX GFX deals with it for you.

Intuitive API.

Based on a subset of SVG with a pinch of canvas, the GFX interface handles all of your drawing needs–in a way that is intuitive and easy to use.

Pluggable architecture.

New plugin out that can do vector graphics? No problem–the GFX API was designed with this in mind. In fact, we've recently added a renderer based on Microsoft's Silverlight–and others can be done as well.

--
Best regards,
Hendy Irawan

Back to the top