[rap-dev] RAP and GEF/GMF (renaissance)

Hi,

I'd like to re-bring the RAP GEF/GMF discussion last Feb 2008 by Hanxi Zhang.

Our team is also interested in this possibility.

Our use case is:
- displaying on texted boxes and connectors
- Connectors automatically line up themselves
- Dragging and dropping of boxes
- Creating new boxes and deleting existing boxes
- Renaming the title of boxes
- Each box has a Properties key-value map that can be edited with a separate view

So it's the probably the simpler use case of GMF.

Can see several options:
- HTML5 <canvas>
- Adobe Flash/Flex
- SVG

yWorks is good for Flex, but unfortunately it is commercial.

Degrafa is good primitive drawing library for Flex.
http://www.degrafa.com/

Ajax Animator for _javascript_
http://antimatter15.110mb.com/wp/?page_id=57

Cool Demo of whats possible