Re: [rap-dev] Advanced table features

Hi,

reading the requirements sounds like the ones for a spreadsheet widget.
To squeeze all these features out of a table widget isn't the way I would recommend. The ViewerCell approach certainly leads to a dead end as there is no widget available that meets all the requirmenets listed.

Even though it might sound like more work, I would opt for implementing a custom widget plus the viewer and data binding.

HTH
Rüdiger

Sebastian Bota wrote:
Hello all.
I am working quite heavy with RAP and now I have some problems .
First of all.
I need a "special kind" of table that supports the following:
    - individual cell border;
    - cell width and height;
    - join 1 or more cells
    - select individual cell (like in MS Excel )
Now can anyone give me an advise what can be easier :
    - to write a new widget ViewerCell
    -or to write a new table widget.
Keep in mind that we need all the features provided by the tableViewer I.e. data binding.
If someone has an ideea (I dont  need code just some ideeas) please help !
Thank you

Best regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Sebastian Bota

SOFTCON IT-Services S.R.L