From: rap-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rap-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike Wrighton
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2008 12:10 PM
To: RAP project development-related communication
Subject: Re: [rap-dev] Is RAP sufficient to build web-based IDEs?

I'm certainly interested in developing a RAP widget which can provide at least the basic functions of StyledText so that I can do syntax coloring. If anyone could give me any guidance on this or point me in the right direction to get started, that would be great.

Mike

On 09/03/2008, Jochen Krause <jkrause@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

	>From my point of view StyledText is a serious problem right now. But richer client technology and better scalability of the browser runtimes may cure that problem within a year or two. I think the other problems can be resolved. It is important to note that you want to make sure that your core bundles are multi-session ready.

	I can imagine having a "development server" where the tools run directly on the server with multiple users working on the same projects / models. But getting there is not our main focus at the moment. If you are interested in driving this forward let us know.

	Jochen