RE: [rap-dev] Newbie Questions

Hi Ahmed,

Glad you like RAP.

With respect to your Demo app problem: Please type "ss" into the console
view after launching the demo app and see if all bundles are active.
Also check that jetty is active, there should be some output in the
console saying which port jetty has been started on.

1.	I don't know if we should use GWT instead of qxooxdoo... because
GWT have Java to Javascript compiler. So you can write your client side
code in Java, which is very useful in mouse and keyboard events
handling. I dont know if qxooxdoo can do that.
-> There is no general answer to this question. Pro RAP: OSGI
modularization, Workbench concepts (contributing to ui, extension
points), simple and fast data access (on the server). Pro GWT: Client
side execution of events, data on the client.

Depending on your use cases RAP or GWT may be better suited for you.
Obviously we think that RAP is suitable to many use cases ;-)

2.	Does RAP supports BIDI?

-> I will get back to you with respect to this question.

3.	Other thing would be how to manage URLs, is it possible to map a
certain URL for specific page or content?

-> This is easily possible. E.g. with multiple Entrypoint
implementations, or by analysing the url in the Entrypoint and
"forwarding" the user to the appropriate content.

Please use the RAP newsgroup for these kind of questions in the future.

Cheers,

Jochen