Antwort: AW: [rap-dev] Update: HTTP Error 500 after switching over to RAP RC1/R1

Hi Frank,

thanks for Your answer!

I'm not sure to understand this:
> to lookup the browser survey template in the project bin dir of the project to run isn't the correct for sure.
because there is nothing we do explicitely. At this point, our code got no control from the RWT lifecycle (as shown in the stack trace attached).
Is there anything to do for us to change the behaviour?

> But I don't understand why you didn't use the dependencies mechanism to make the UI-project available to the main-project's classpath?

We used the Eclipse way to configure those dependencies, but it didn't work (Eclipse was able to compile, but not to run our application).

Or do You mean the Plugin-Dependencies mechanism?
Most of our UI projects were existing before and were not initially created as plugin projects. Sure, we can convert them to Plugin-Projects, but where is the boundary? We are not able to change all projects where UI depends on. And since all works fine till M6, there was no motivation for doing that (till now ;-)
So we are looking for an alternative to include all those projects in the classpath (and not only the buildpath).
(Additionally let me say that we don't want to write Eclipse Plugins. We're about to write RWT/AJAX-based Web Applications because we're convinced of the performance of RWT. Plugins are not of interest to us, except at those parts where its strongly needed.)

Apart from that, we converted now some dependend projects to Plugin-Projects, but unfortunately the problem remains the same (as expected for me).

Kind Regards

André Weber

Government Solutions
Giesecke & Devrient GmbH
81677 München
Phone: +49 (0) 89 4119-1291
http://www.gi-de.com

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Dr. Peter Mihatsch
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Karsten Ottenberg (Vorsitzender, CEO), Michael Kuemmerle,
Hans Wolfgang Kunz, Dr. Walter Schlebusch, Dr. Peter Zattler (CFO)
Gesellschaftssitz: München, Handelsregister Amtsgericht München HRB 4619.

"Frank Appel" <fappel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Gesendet von: rap-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

18.10.2007 16:41

Bitte antworten an
RAP project development-related communication <rap-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

An
"RAP project development-related communication" <rap-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Kopie
Thema
AW: [rap-dev] Update: HTTP Error 500 after switching over to RAP        RC1/R1

Hi,

to lookup the browser survey template in the project bin dir of the project to run isn't the correct for sure. Don't understand exactly how this could work in previous versions, but it may have something to do with the introduction of the branding mechanism. To include third party libraries using the 'Bundle-Classpath' header seems to me correct (if this is not flexible enough for you you should think about extension bundles). But I don't understand why you didn't use the dependencies mechanism to make the UI-project available to the main-project's classpath?

Regards
Frank Appel